The International Legal Assistance Consortium (ILAC, established in 2002, is a Stockholm-based association for legal practitioners and scholars from around the world who offer expert guidance to countries trying to rebuild justice systems after conflict and crises. It is in these challenging contexts where through better planning, coordination, and cooperation, technical assistance can be more productive, sustainable, and cost efficient. Through its member organisations, ILAC represents over 3 million legal professionals – judges, lawyers, prosecutors, and court administrators – worldwide.
Type of employment:
Temporary/time-bound contract of 1 year duration with possible extension depending on performance and continued funding. Full time position (40 hours per week) with flexible working hours according to ILAC’s internal staff manual.
ILAC’s Executive Director
Sweden, preferable Stockholm. The position requires periodic travels.
Overall purpose of the position:
ILAC is seeking to hire an experienced development professional manager in rule of law or related field to help lead ILAC´s operations and the strategic initiative aimed at increasing ILAC’s overall relevance, effectiveness, sustainability in our approach, and coherence with international, regional and national justice sector development goals. As Managing Director you should share ILAC´s vision and values.
- Lead and manage ILAC´s operations with regard to planning, monitoring, and assessing, and budget responsibilities.
- Staff supervision.
- Lead the design and implementation of strategic priorities that include raising ILAC’s visibility, development capacities and strengthened coherence with development goals with regard to analysis, funding and knowledge management.
- Lead the development and implementation of indicators and monitoring & evaluation frameworks in our governance and core activities.
- Manage donor relationships.
- Maintain great working relationships with ILAC’s members and help build ILAC’s visibility and relevance in the international community through new and existing strategic partnerships and other initiatives.
- 10+ years’ experience managing strategic partnerships, including donor relationships, fundraising, and reporting.
- Extensive management experience and solid leadership skills, including office management, staff and budget responsibilities.
- Academic degree relevant to the position.
- Strong knowledge of international rule of law, in theory and in practice.
- Solid experience of planning, managing and monitoring for results, including knowledge of means and methods for the same.
- Ability to work under pressure, take initiatives and prioritise work tasks.
- English fluency.
- Extensive experience in managing programmes and operations funded by Swedish Development Cooperation.
- Experience in fundraising for discretionary and/or core grants from non-Swedish government donors.
- Experience designing and mainstreaming gender and human rights perspectives, as well as integrating political economy analysis and the “do no harm” approach into rule of law development work.
- Experience in designing and managing conflict and risk assessments.
- In-country experience working and living in post-conflict and fragile countries
- French and/or Spanish fluency.
To apply please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 2022-04-25.
If you have any questions, please contact ILAC’s Executive Director email@example.com.