ILAC is an international non-governmental organisation that works to strengthen the rule of law, empower legal professionals and to ensure equal access to justice for all where people’s justice needs are the greatest – in conflict, crisis or transitions to democracy.
As an international umbrella organisation for associations of legal experts, ILAC works with governments, civil society and other stakeholders at national and global levels to provide technical assistance and expert guidance to support rule of law reform.
ILAC comprises over 80 specialised member organisations and individual experts worldwide. The ILAC Secretariat is based in Stockholm. The work of the Secretariat is mainly to coordinate and lead the work of ILAC’s members spanning across rule of law assessments, justice building projects and engagement in policy dialogues at global level.
The Position as Programme Officer
Type of employment: Temporary/time-bound contract of one year. Full time position (40 hours per week) with flexible working hours according to ILAC’s internal staff manual. The position is depending on funding from external Donors to be approved before any employee contract can be signed.
Reports to: ILAC’s Director of Operations
Location: Enskede, Stockholm (Sweden); The position requires periodic travels.
The overall purpose of the position: Ensure that ILAC-coordinated programmes are supported in terms of implementation and follow-up to achieve expected results and enhance the overall impact, quality and strategic added value of the programmes, in line with ILAC’s strategic plan, annual work plans, budgets and donor agreements. The Programme Officer will exercise its functions under the supervision of the Director of Operations and Senior Programme Manager.
- Support and assist the programme teams operationally in implementation and contribute to the development of programme proposals to solicit funding of new programmes.
- Monitor progress of the implementation of activities and results achieved to support efficient and effective delivery of programmes, in compliance with the strategic plan, annual work plans and donor agreements.
- Prepare and revise budgets in line with ILAC’s programmes, including financial management, compliance with ILAC’s financial and operational procedures, reporting and programme compliance.
- Contribute to the overall operation of the ILAC secretariat with other tasks i.e. governance administration and strategic development of ILAC.
- Academic degree in Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences, Social Sciences, Law or related field
- At least 2-3 years of documented relevant experience of the operational aspects of implementing international development programmes i.e. grant management, contractual agreements and compliance procedures
- Proven experience of providing support to planning, implementation and monitoring for results for effective implementation of programmes
- Ability to plan, coordinate and organise efficiently and effectively to ensure contribution to overall strategies and programme goals
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Experience of working in fragile and post conflict countries
- Experience in supporting programmes funded by Sida
- Strong merit if the applicant speaks a second language, preferably Arabic, French or Spanish
To apply please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 2021-01-25. ILAC offers a salary of between 26.000-30.000 SEK for this position, depending on qualifications and experience. Please send in an application and salary estimate as soon as possible, as the position may close before the deadline.
If you have any questions related to the content of the position, please contact Richard Sannerholm, Director of Operations at email@example.com